- Employer research Bring any notes on your research of the position and company.
- Questions Have key questions prepared to ask that express your interest in the position.
- Resume, application, and personal data sheet Use these as references during your interview or to fill out any required paperwork.
- Portfolio and work samples Bring a few samples that demonstrate your best work and abilities.
- Letters of recommendation and reference list Have these available if requested by the employer.
- Notebook and pen Use to jot down key points you’d like to address in a follow-up note or phone call.
- Identification Card, Passport For jobs that require it, you may be asked to show your license, driving record, social security card, or other forms of ID.
- Extra money Be prepared for unexpected expenses, like gas, transportation, or parking.
- Confidence and a smile Interviews can be stressful. Try to relax as much as possible, appear confident, and smile!