Other Australian Slang
1. Aussie (pronounced as Ozzie) - means Australian.
2. Barbie - means barbecue
3. Bush - the Outback. Basically, anywhere that isn't town
4. Sheila - while it is a female name, it's Aussie slang for girl or woman.
5. Mate - that's how Aussie guys address each other. Typically, they greet each other with "G'day, mate!".
6. Hooroo - contrary to what you may be thinking, this isn't an exotic animal. It simply means "Goodbye".
7. Oz - Oz means Australia.
8. Polly - stands for "politician"
9. Roo - stands for kangaroo.
10. Wuss - a coward